Vintage 20″ Boys 1956 Schwinn SPITFIRE built to look like the 1963 1/2 Sting-Ray Muscle Bike
* Harken back..Southern California..circa early 1960`s..BEFORE the `Sting-Ray`craze of summer 1963. Take an old 20″ bike, remove the fenders (frequently chain guards too) add on some wide `butterfly handlebars` and a `banana seat`..this `IS` what started it all! A bunch of young kids trying to look like tough bikers!
* 60 year old patina preserved in a cool & classic `rat rod` pit bike.
* Serial # N30XXX Built: September, 1956
* Overhauled with care! All bearings were cleaned and re-greased. Wheels trued and ready to roll!
* Original 1956 frame, fork, and guard were brushed with rust doctor. The original white accents were then touched up (not pretty) with a paint pen, new water transfer decals were applied, then everything was clear coated to preserve the 60 year old patina. Yes, there is true beauty in all that butt ugly..it`s just in the eye of the beholder! 🙂
* All parts used in this build are all in good vintage condition as are all of the nuts, bolts, and so forth. No junk…have a close LQQK!
* Has the original, non-dated, bike license sticker from the `City of Beaverton, Oregon`, it was a local bike!
* Pedals are original, re-buildable, Schwinn/Union/Germany and logo`s may also be seen . Cleaned and lubed
* Chain is original Schwinn/Union/Germany. Cleaned and lubed
* Chrome seat post and clamp are original Schwinn..clamp is a nice, chrome AS style
* Care for bars are original, early, wide, non-stamped, fine knurled Stingray type with original chubby, white. Schwinn `scripted` `50s grips
* Head badge is the original extra large `Schwinn SPITFIRE` that was restored
* The rear hub is an original Bendix U.S.A. `Red Band` RB-2
* Original kickstand was blasted, primed and painted with stainless steel paint. A few of these early frames did not have a built in kickstand
* Solo polo seat and non-crimped sissy bar are `Made in Japan` but period correct. Seat is a very unique `Hot Dog`and has one tear that has been repaired with liquid vinyl mendor. It has a couple stains but is still soft and pliable. Non-crimped sissy bar is stamped `Japan` but looks just like a `63 Person`s U.S.A.. There is a small `63 dated 6 pie reflector on the original bracket. No Q bolts
* The rims aren’t marked but are NOT Schwinn Tubular. The chrome is decent but has the usual peppering. They are both laced with 28 original Torrington USA marked double butt spokes. The tubes and tires are all brand new, soft and pliable..this can be a real RIDER folks! The rear is a 20″ x 2.125 Studded, front is a 20″ x 1.75″ Schwinn Westwind. Both tires are imported repops but have never been used or ridden on!
* Crank, crank bearing set and sprocket, head set, bearings and stem are all original `76 Schwinn
* This is a combo of new and old to make a cool looking, great riding, head turner that is both good looking and reliable to ride…super fun!
* Could use to be cleaned up again and re-polished upon arrival at your home but is an awesome looking, great riding and everything works as it must!
NOTE: Will be partly disassembled for shipping and packed with utmost care and love. Will ship UPS Ground `with insurance` and `signature required` upon delivery
* Please look closely at the pictures and please ask any questions, but I think I covered most everything.
You can text me @ 503-313-2185 with questions and I`ll try to answer promptly
* PEASE NOTE: There are no returns, refund or exchanges for this item so please read carefully and look closely, what is described and what you see IS exactly what you’re going to receive.
USA SALES ONLY! Thanks for looking!