About Fulcrum Red Wind XLR 80mm Clincher Wheelset – CULT
The most popular wheel depth among triathletes.
With your head down, grip the handlebars in the aerodynamic position and push on the pedals. The impressive 80mm rim pushes you faster towards the finish line.
But what is in point of fact impressive about the “XLR 80” is their responsiveness and smoothness you’ll be able to feel immediately.
And today Fulcrum® permits you to configure your Red Wind XLR 80 according to your preferences. Discover them.
- Year: 2013
- balls/bearings with CULT™ system
- INTEGRATED ALUMINIUM/CARBON RIM STRUCTURE: the exclusive coupling system of the aluminium rim and carbon structure makes the rim extremely rigid, it allows for excellent responsiveness levels and durability of the wheel.
- EXCLUSIVE PRESSING SYSTEM FOR THE RIM IN UNPAINTED CARBON: enables an extremely limited weight and a smooth surface free from imperfections.
- AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN STEEL: ensuring the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material employed, lower weight and greater reactivity.
- DYNAMIC BALANCING ON THE RIM: thanks to a special operation of the production process, the carbon fiber layup is positioned in this type of way as to obtain perfect balancing of the rim even at high speeds.
- SELF-LOCKING OVERSIZE ALUMINIUM NIPPLES: they reduce the peripheral mass of the wheel to a minimum, thus increasing responsiveness. The nipples' self-locking system provides the correct tension of the spokes and does not require any maintenance.
- ALUMINIUM HUB BODY: gives the wheel a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight to the minimum.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE: increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke.
- CUP AND CONE BEARINGS: easy ball/bearing adjustment – reduces imaginable ball/bearing play – precision operation – maintains performance through the years.
- ALUMINIUM AXLE: it reduces the weight of the wheel
- QUICK RELEASE: New, completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die.Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure.
- Weight: 1770g
- Spoke:16 aero spokes, radially laced in stainless steel with variable cross-section.
- Spoke: 18 aero spokes in stainless steel with variable cross-section, doubled on the drive side (Two-to-One™).
- 2013 Fulcrum rear wheels are compatible with 10/11 speed Shimano cassettes
More About The Manufacturer Fulcrum
Fulcrum Wheels s.r.l. designs wheels and components for racing bikes and distributes them in over 30 countries around the world. They were based on the idea of three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong points of this young company include using unique patents, ongoing technological research, and the attractive and young-spirited design.
International buyers – please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or postage cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
Please check with your country’s customs office to decide what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.