About Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR 35 Tubular Wheelset – Bright
The new Racing Speed XLR 35 completes the Fulcrum range of high performance road racing wheels. It is perhaps the most versatile wheel in the line-up and offers serious performance advantages in almost every situation. Light enough to climb the steepest gradients, reactive enough to please the strongest sprinter and aerodynamic enough to save precious energy this wheel is the very best do-it all performance wheel. Working diligently to develop new carbon layup specifically for this profile the engineers were able to produce a lower profile and extremely lightweight rim, whose stiffness rivals that of its higher profile counterparts. Add in the revolutionary new 3Diamant surface remedy that ensures exceptional braking performance in both wet and dry conditions and you’ve got a wheelset that is ready for the podium.
F.I.C. Fulcrum Identification Card
Fulcrum supplies each wheel with its own Identity Card (ID) which uniquely identifies the wheel and certifies that it has been manually assembled and has passed all tests required by the strict quality protocol. The F.I.C. ensures that you have bought a genuine Fulcrum product.
The Racing Speed XLR 35 wheelset is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Fulcrum technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Fulcrum wheels.
- 3DIAMANT BRAKE SURFACE TREATMENT
- using advanced machinery and cutting-edge diamond tipped precision tools, eliminates imperfections. This new process eliminates the “breaking-in” period, improves braking performance under both wet and dry conditions and creates a more linear and smooth overall braking performance.
- CULT – Ceramic Ultimate Level Technology
- Top quality ceramic balls, thanks to the absence of lubricating grease and the precision machining of the cup/cone, allow to drastically reduce the friction coefficient and thus increase the smoothness of the wheel by as much as 9 times compared to standard bearings.
- DYNAMIC BALANCE
- The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.
- SPOKES ANTI-ROTATION SYSTEM
- keeps the spokes consistently in the position of maximum aerodynamic penetration.
- 2:1 SPOKE RATIO
- the number of spokes on the rear drive side is double that of the opposite side. Greater stability of the wheel thanks to the very best balance between the spoke tensions – greater torsional stiffness and greater reactivity.
- CUP AND CONE BEARINGS
- easy ball/bearing adjustment – reduces imaginable ball/bearing play – precision operation – maintains performance through the years.
- HIGH PROFILE 35MM FOR TUBULARS
- EXCLUSIVE PRESSING SYSTEM FOR THE RIM IN UNPAINTED CARBON
- DYNAMIC BALANCING ON THE RIM
- BRAKE PADS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR CARBON WHEELS
- AERODYNAMIC PROFILE SPOKES
- CARBON HUB BODY
- OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE
- ALUMINIUM AXLE
- Smoothness – 10
- Handling – 9.0
- Aerodynamics – 9.0
- Reactivity – 9.0
- Comfort – 9.0
- Wheelset: 1255 grams
- Front Wheel: 550 grams
- Rear Wheel: 705 grams
- Spoke count:
- Front – 18
- Rear – 21 (7 left, 14 right)
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed version
- Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed version
More About The Manufacturer Fulcrum
Fulcrum Wheels s.r.l. designs wheels and components for racing bikes and distributes them in over 30 countries world wide. They were based on the idea of three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong points of this young company include the usage of unique patents, ongoing technological research, and the attractive and young-spirited design.
International buyers – please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or postage cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
Please check with your country’s customs office to decide what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.